6 Tips from Gravenhurst Home Inspector Before You Sell/Buy a House
Whether you are a seller or a buyer, the real estate business is tough to crack. As a seller, you want to sell your house as soon as possible at a good price. Whereas as a buyer, you want to buy a house quickly at a good price.
One thing that will benefit sellers and buyers alike is home inspection. Sellers can conduct a home inspection with a Gravenhurst home inspector during the presale period. Buyers can conduct a home inspection before they sign the contract. In both cases, we at CLS Home Inspections can help you.
We can provide a professional Gravenhurst home inspector to buyers and sellers to ensure the house is in great shape and gets the deserved price. But before you get a home inspection, our experienced home inspectors have given some critical tips.
- When you are looking for home inspectors, don’t rely on real estate agents. This can result in biased home inspection. So, search for a home inspector independently.
- Make sure the home inspector is thorough. A good and professional home inspector will need somewhere between 2-4 hours for a complete inspection.
- Don’t ask the Gravenhurst home inspector whether you should buy the house. They are not real estate agents. Instead, ask them about the current issues in the house, how they can impact in the long term, and how these issues must be addressed.
- Sellers must prepare the house before the inspector arrives. We at CLS Home Inspections suggest sellers get minor repairs done such as fixing doorknobs. The sellers must also clear any areas that might obstruct the way of the home inspector during the visit.
- Make sure to ask the Gravenhurst home inspector for a sample report. This will give you an idea of how your final report will look like. It will also show what areas the inspector will focus on during the inspection. You can then prepare any questions regarding the same.
- If you are buying a new house, make sure to get an inspection. New doesn’t always mean perfect and ready to move. Home inspection for new houses reveals any weak points that might become an issue in the future.
These 6 tips can be game changers for sellers and buyers during home inspections. You can also talk to the Gravenhurst home inspector at CLS Home Inspections to get more insight into the process.
We will be glad to help you make an informed decision. Call us now to find out more about home inspection.